Solved

Trip on first day

• 17 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Bought my first ever Interrail Pass (Global Pass) today. First trip will be The Hague to Labenne in France. The planner gives a trip with a 5 minute connection time on Rotterdam Centraal (stoptrein to Thalys). So isn't it better to take an earlier train from The Hague to Rotterdam? And can I use that earlier train as an outbound trip?

icon

Best answer by cdwatkins19 17 April 2023, 17:18

View original

4 replies

Badge +5

You must have a mandatory reservation on Thalys. You need one to use it plus a supplement. I would travel earlier for the connection 

Thanks, and will that earlier trip from The Hague to Rotterdam then be my Outbound trip for the Global Pass? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks, and will that earlier trip from The Hague to Rotterdam then be my Outbound trip for the Global Pass? 

That will be part of the outbound journey. The Thalys will also be part of the outbound journey, since its route is partly still in the Netherlands.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You can travel on as many trains as you wish on the 2 Country of Residence (In/Out) days, both in your COR and any other in the network. There is no restriction on how many you use in your COR, nor do you have to cross a border - just travel in your COR. So you could travel to an airport, fly to another European country and then catch more trains in that country (up to 2359 CET).