Solved

Trouble Booking reservation Firenze SMN Pisa centrale on Oebb

Hello, 

I'm planning a trip to Italy with my friend for August. We bought our tickets on oebb website for most our trip in Italy, but when we tried to look for Firenze SMN to Pisa centrale it says "tickets not available" for all trains. Does it means all the train are full? Cause I have a hard time believing it… is there another website where we can book the train tickets for Italy? 

icon

Best answer by Al_G 18 July 2022, 22:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If you look they are marked R (Regional) and REX (regional Express)

For most of Europe these (and other similar designations such as the more common RE or TER in France) will be trains where reservations are not offered and depending on country/operator tickets can also not be available online.

Just add to your pass or travel diary before boarding and that is all you need.

Edit: The bottom train on that list is NJ (Nightjet) this is a long distance night train with limited seating nearing the end of it’s journey, these are not usually open for local traffic so ignore these.

Oh I see! Thanks! But how come when I look the trip on interrail website it says reservation is mandatory? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Oh I see! Thanks! But how come when I look the trip on interrail website it says reservation is mandatory? 

It doesn’t on the interrail app and it shouldn’t anywhere else.