Solved

Trying to book outbound trains

• 8 October 2022
  • 9 replies

Hello,

I’m trying to book my frist day of travel with interrail. I’m quite late to book my train, but thats not the problem.

I want to go from my hometown to Southamton England, but I can’t book any trains out of the country. For example:

Lingen - Bruxells Midi: this connection is not possible even if all trains are free I cant book

Bruxells Midi - London St. Pancras Intl: perfectly possible. Of course some fees, but no problem

Also any other connection Starting in Germany is not possible to book. I’ve tried many.

What am I doing wrong? Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by Angelo 8 October 2022, 15:51

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Was meinst du mit Buchen/book? Weil über die App kann man keine Züge buchen, sondern die App ist einfach zum Aufschreiben der genutzten Züge. Dadurch wird ein QR-Code aktiviert der als Ticket gilt. 

Manche Züge haben Reservierungspflicht, diese muss man etweder direkt über interrail.eu buchen (+2€/Sitz) oder über die Zuggesellschaft oder oft geht es auch über andere Europäische Bahnen. 

Manche Züge haben nur die möglichkeit zu Reservieren aber keine Pflicht (wie ICEs in Deutschland). 

Regionalzüge kann man in den meisten Fällen nicht Reservieren.

Hier gibt es Tipp wie man Reservierungen auf Interrail.eu vermeidet und andere (günstigere) Varianten wählt.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Lingen - Brüssel würde ich (wenn überhaupt) über die DB buchen.

Wenn du eine bestimmte Verbinding buchen möchtest und dabei Probleme hast, dann bitte Strecke, Datum und Abfahrtszeit nennen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I assume you have researched journeys from London to Southampton. There are 2 main operators serving Southampton.

South Western Railway from Waterloo - about 1 hr 20

Southern Railway from Victoria - about 2 hr 30. This is a suburban train.

@Angelo 

Also ich habe die Züge auf der Website versucht zu meinem Pass hinzu zufügen, aber ich konnte eben keinen Zug der in Deutschland startet buchen. Andere Züge nicht aus Deutschland hätte ich dort buchen können.

Ich werde es aber Mal über DB versuchen, außer du kennst noch was anderes?

@rvdborgt 

Wie kann ich in der DB App mit dem interrail Pass buchen? Wird das in dem Guide oben erklärt? Hast du glaub ich mitgewirkt oder? Also ich weiß wie man da nen Zug bucht, aber mit dem interrail Pass müsste es ja auch vergünstigt gehen, oder?

@Yorkie 

Yes, I have researched my trip, but I encountered the problems above.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

There is no link from the website planner to your app, so if you have a plan added to a website Trip you then have to find it in the App planner where you have loaded your pass and then add it to that trip.

If you are trying to get reservations these again are not linked to your pass in any way. 

So you add trains to the trip in your pass, then transfer them to your pass with the slider once you have activated your pass. This then creates your ticket to travel, which is shown as a QR code and a text list of the trains for that day. 

In Interrail you book reservations, either when mandatory or optional, either through the Interrail reservation service or many other services and pay the operator fee plus any agency fee. These are supplied either as e-tickets or paper tickets and are always separate to your pass. On mandatory reservation trains you need to show both your reservation and you pass ticket.

For example in the dbahn app. if you want to reserve a seat on an ICE train you select seat only once you have selected your train. On oebb.com (Austrian) you choose the discount for each passenger as Interrail/Eurail pass rather than seat only for best search results.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What type of pass do you have? What is your country of residence stated in the pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

To make a reservation at DB, select "seat only".

@AnnaB 

I have a 7 days in 1 month travel pass. My country of residence is Germany and it's also in the pass as Germany.

Thank you for your advice on db. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Denke daran, du muss jede Fahrt in der App hinzufügen um deinen Pass zu nutzen. Am besten nicht zu früh, aber immer bevor mam dem Zug benutzt. Kommt oft vor, dass Leute alle Züge planen aber es dann zu Planänderungen kommt und man vergisst am Tag davor die Züge in der App zu löschen und damit geht ein Travelday weg, obwohl man es nicht gebraucht hat.

Reservierungen hingegen sind komplett unabhängig zum Pass. Je nach Zug sind diese Obligatorisch (wie z.B. TGV in Frankreich), optional (wie in dem ICEs in Deutschland) oder nicht nötig/möglich in den meisten Regionalzügen.