Solved

Trying to reserve seats for Paris to London. Reservation tool won't load

• 18 June 2022
  • 7 replies

I’m currently in Europe, needing to reserve 2 seats on the Paris to London Eurostar June 22 (2nd class).  The reservation tool won’t load and the alternative site doesn’t recognize my pass numbers.  Please help!!

icon

Best answer by Alison Whitacre Firth 20 June 2022, 09:28

View original

7 replies

There's no availability at june 22nd. 

June 23 will work, too.

The problem isn’t when I need the reservation…it’s that I simply can’t access any reservations on Eurail or otherwise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The best way to make reservations for French trains is to call SNCF. No need of Pass Cover Number. 

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The first departure from Paris to London with pass holder seats available is the 24th of June at 21.10. The departures after that are on the 28th of June.

You can check the availability here:

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#Outbound

I ended up using the Interrail reservation website instead of the Eurail one, which seems to be permanently down.  I was able to book a train from Paris to Brussels, then onto London since there were no direct trains from Paris to London.  Hopefully, that helps someone else who may find themselves with similar issues, especially since there is a work strike in the UK that week.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I ended up using the Interrail reservation website instead of the Eurail one, which seems to be permanently down.  I was able to book a train from Paris to Brussels, then onto London since there were no direct trains from Paris to London.  Hopefully, that helps someone else who may find themselves with similar issues, especially since there is a work strike in the UK that week.

If seats were available for Brussels - London, then very probably there would also have been seats for Lille - London on the same service. A journey Paris - Lille is both shorter and cheaper than Paris - Brussels.