UK Rail Strike

• 31 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello there

We are in Liverpool now, We have an Eurail pass so on May 31 we need to go to Warwick and on June 1st to London! 
Anyone knows how this rail strike is gonna affected us? If yes what are our transportation alternatives, we are from the US and need help please!

Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

For tomorrow things are looking bad. No trains will run at all throughout the country. Check nationalrail.co.uk and the companies websites, it is clearly written.

Most long-distance buses are sold out. I can see a National Express coach to Birmingham at 17:45 (arrival 20:10) but how to reach Warwick from there…

Travelling on 1st June shouldn't be a major problem.

Could you spend one more night in Liverpool and only leave on 1st June ? If you leave early, you could spend some hours in Warwick before heading to London.

Thanks a lot for the valuable info!

what is Eurail doing to compensate foreign tourist like us on all this matter 😡?

Is there a way to communicate with them, I already made train reservations and it will count as a travel day on our passs, can we cancel our travel day in our passes?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can only cancel travel days before midnight so it's too late for that. But contact customer support ASAP and mention that you're currently travelling on the headline : https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

I cannot help for compensation sorry, esp. as the UK has left the EU

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, you can cancel a travel day before midnight CET the day before the travel day.

But you should never activate a travel day in advance but wait until just before boarding the train of the travel day.  

Anna!

This is so unfair for tourists 

thanks for the info