Solved

UK reservations: App=required, Website=included. Which one if right?

The website interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip  says reservations are not required in the UK for day trains and the app says they are required. Which one is true? And how come the same system says two opposite things?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 16 May 2022, 01:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Before you start raging, do simply think. Railways themselves are responsibe for what they put in systems-I´ve seen info on the general site that was putdated for well over 5 yrs. Welcome to the wonderful world of never ever coöperating national railways, often mostly a giant enployment project. Thats how they have decided to challengde those green scouts who promote trains over flying.

IN GB about any train has optional REServ-ion IC, or none at all-on locals. You MUST REserve on the very few overnighttrains and of course €* to that funny continant.

Happy travels-you will encounter much more in contradictory or outdated or incomplete info. Or those nice, as sunny+warn amd oso friendly, where it seems that any next person on duty will tell something different. Thats how youn learn to grow up and become adult!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi,

On most trains you don’t need reservations. But recently I travelled with the LNER, and I needed a reservation there. But it didn’t cost anything. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

On most trains you don’t need reservations. But recently I travelled with the LNER, and I needed a reservation there. But it didn’t cost anything. 

Even if the app claims you need a reservation for LNER, that is incorrect because RDG are sending incorrect train attributes in their timetable date. Every LNER train has a certain amount of unreserved seats.