Solved

Unable to book seat reservation- to go from Hamburg to Amsterdam on 18-Jun-2023

• 15 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

We want to go from Hamburg to Amsterdam on 18-Jun-2023. When searched on the eurail reservations

found the below option (with one change) found  a train

After choosing the seat reservations -got the below screen

when I tried to add checkout, it get stuck at the ‘add traveller’ details. Nothing happens when I click on it. It has been the case from the begining. I tried to create a new trip with only 3 travellers (thought the issue was with 7 travellers), but still it get stuck. 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

icon

Best answer by Angelo 15 April 2023, 17:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Not sure what the problem is. We've seen this more often.

Booking this via Eurail is also way too expensive: €8 per person per train instead of €4.50 via DB (doesn't work online though for mandatory reservations) or €3 via tickets.oebb.at.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, I can find an ICE from Hamburg at 8:45 on 18 Jun 2023. The Railplanner App or the Eurail Website is not up-to-date.

This will be the problem you are trying to book a reservation for a train that does not run.

You can reserve a seat for 7 people via:

@rvdborgt new booking possibility via DB NEXT

DB NEXT (but only in german): next.bahn.de This is a new booking platform of German railways, that can sell reservations for more than 6 people and for trains with compulsory reservations like ICE International this Summer. This cost less than via Eurail reservation service only 4,50€/person instead of 8€/train/person. 

Or with splitting up in two groups via main website of German railways in English bahn.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi, I can find an ICE from Hamburg at 8:45 on 18 Jun 2023. The Railplanner App or the Eurail Website is not up-to-date.

This will be the problem you are trying to book a reservation for a train that does not run.

You can reserve a seat for 7 people via:

@rvdborgt new booking possibility via DB NEXT

DB NEXT (but only in german): next.bahn.de This is a new booking platform of German railways, that can sell reservations for more than 6 people and for trains with compulsory reservations like ICE International this Summer.

That's good news! I did a test and DB will even include mandatory reservations (to Copenhagen, Amsterdam) in the €4.50 per journey fee.

Or with splitting up in two groups via main website of German railways in English bahn.com

That only results in "reservation not possible” for trains with mandatory reservations :(

You also have to tweak DB a bit (unselect Interregio) because it will show the 8:49 Flixtrain instead of the 8:45 ICE from Hamburg.