Solved

Unable to book seat reservations; Krakow-Budapest, Budapest-Ljubljana

• 12 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi i have been trying to book my seat reservations on the following trains (Krakow-Budapest, Budapest-Ljubljana) using the websites CD and OBB as well as Interrail and cannot seem to do so. 

Krakow-Budapest on 18th July - On the CD website when i go to purchase the seat reservation it says an error has occurred. On the OBB website there is no option to book this train. We are hoping to get the overnight direct train departing at 23:04 and arriving at 8:20 the following day. I am unsure as to why this is, is it maybe that Polish trains are only able to be purchased 30 days prior to date of the train?

Budapest-Ljubljana on 22nd July- On the CD website it says that booking has not opened for this train yet, does this also mean that they can only be booked 30 days prior to the train date? And on the OBB website there are no tickets available. We are hoping to get a direct train on the 22nd and arriving the same day. 

Thank you for your help!!

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 13 June 2022, 13:51

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Bp->Lj can do without REServ. IF you insist on this-just do it the day before (I assume you spend some days in BP?) at a yellow MAV machine for 300 HUF (=less as 1€) untill last stop < border, you have your seat then-and the nr of people crossing border on this oso slow train is usually minimal.

I suggest same for Kr->Bp, but then whole route @ counter-unless you insist on sleeper.

Check page from Eurail on how to do REServ -I saw it had some item on howtodo with PKP (=main POlish trains in IC) if it opens chances.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I guess that you will have to wait until 30 days before departure to make the reservations. I tried to book a train fróm Praha to München on the 29th of July, but I have to wait until the end of June.