Solved

Unable to get seat reservations at higher price

• 11 June 2022
  • 4 replies

My wife and I bought a 3-day Eurail Pass for France, and for the day we have been trying reserve seats on both Eurail’s Rail planner app and their official website for Paris to Nice on 27 June 2022 Monday morning. 

Try as we might, even though the app and the site shows that there was an option before we logged in, but the moment we use our pass to try and book the option disappears. I suspect that the 10 Euro reserved seats are not available anymore.

However, when we selected the option to book via another way, it pointed us to another website (travel.b-europe.com) that allows us to see that there ARE seats for the same train that can be reserved, with 20 Euros fee. We are happy to take that option, but then it asked us to key in the ‘pass cover number’ which only appears on paper tickets.

Questions:

1. can we still somehow secure the 20 Euro-priced seats, even though we have digital tickets?
  2. if yes, what’s the best way to reserve them?
icon

Best answer by AnnaB 11 June 2022, 08:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

1.yes-in fact we nearly always here advise that to do-also saves the extra fee the app charges for its medium

2.either via b-rail (cover nr needed-you have to apply for that-will take time)

OR CALL sncf - line 85 for /en/

You must have looked around forum, so will also have seen the long list by seewulf on howtodo REServ per country-also useful for further trips.

Additonal: if you do not mind too much the extra half hr: you can also try to see if there are still 10€ seats to MARSeille-TGV ev, hour and then change (maybe even have a quick glimpse-it has a ultra-modern gleaming museum near the scenic old port) to a local=regional TER train to Nice, over the very same rails+views along coast, NON reservable.

Dan selamat jalan ya di kereta api untuk pantai, lah!

mcadv, thank you so much for the reply.

I am happy to hear that doing this over b-rail is possible, but when you say “cover nr needed - you have to apply for that”, what do you mean? Could you give me a bit more guidance on this, as I really am hoping to resolve this soon to not loose more hair over this...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The best way to make reservations for French trains is to call SNCF. No need of Pass Cover Number. 

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail

To get your Pass Cover Number, if you still will need it, you need to contact Customer Support through this form and asked for the Pass Cover Number?

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Customer Support is currently overloaded with requests so you will probably have to be patient to get help. Please let Customer Support know what date your travel will start so that they can prioritise your request correctly

Thank you all. I managed to call the SNCF, and the agent was super-helpful. Everything was settled within 30 min. The only downside was that the system is a bit finicky and prefers only certain types of credit cards, but all in all it was a life-saver. Thank you mcadv and AnnaB for your advice!