Solved

Unable to reserve tickets from Paris to Switzerland and Pass Cover

• 17 July 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi, I have a Global Pass. I am trying to make a reservation from Paris to Switzerland (either Paris to Geneva or Paris to Zurich) but I am getting an error message. I have tried different days and different times. The error is: Please try to find an alternative connection. The unavailable leg will be removed from your cart”. 

1. I have read the posts and I have seen a couple of similar errors. I have followed the links and called SNCF and also requested a pass cover number via the interrail website.
  2. SNCF were unable to help me today - they told me they are not accepting credit cards from abroad. 
  3. I have requested a Pass Cover number and would like to make a booking via b-europe.com? 
  4. My question is where do i insert the Pass Cover on their website?

Please help - i have been trying for hours to solve this issue. Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 17 July 2022, 11:42

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rvdborgt What is the best way to make the reservation? 

I should add, I have a Pass Cover number now. But where do I insert it on the B-Europe website?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

SNCF lied to you about accepting credit cards from abroad (or the member of staff you spoke was misinformed). They DO accept them but they're a bit picky about which brands they accept from which countries. UK credit cards (probably Visa and Mastercard; American Express from any country) are accepted, according to multiple messages posted here recently.

You could try calling SNCF again, or alternatively, call NS (country code is +31). They can also book these trains and send reservations by e-mail and are less picky about credit cards. There should not be any booking fee because this reservation can't be booked on the NS website.

Thanks @rvdborgt I will try them again. On a separate note, I have my pass cover number and it would be easier for me to do it online via b-europe. Where do I insert the pass cover number? Only these options appear in the Discount Card section (image below). How do I find the interrail option? Thanks.

Thanks @rvdborgt it finally worked! I called SNCF again, I had the same lady who told me I wasn’t able to use a UK credit card. She asked me to book via interail. I told her the reservations are not working for me on the Interrail website, she put me on hold, then hung up on me. I tried again and got another lady who was extremely helpful. And it was all booked within a few minutes. Thanks so much.

p.s Would be good to know how B-Europe with an Interrail works for the future.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Daft easy-they will ask for that in the 2nd (maybe 2d) step of the process-first its time/AtoB-then kind of pass/card-and if chosen I/E-rail what nr-then payment etc-youve done it before on other sites, I guess.
there is an extra fee of 4€ for online-but if calling them there seems to be a high and long wait paied nr or so. InterR itself charges, if successfull, 2€ extra

Thanks @mcadv It should be so easy, yet the Interrail option doesn’t appear in my Loyalty Card section (there are loads of other options but no Interrail for me?). Please see below:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks @mcadv It should be so easy, yet the Interrail option doesn’t appear in my Loyalty Card section (there are loads of other options but no Interrail for me?).

You need to use the correct page. Belgian railways have 2:

1. For Thalys and Eurostar reservations
  2. For French domestic TGV and IC reservations

Both sites are also very useful to check availability. They wil only show trains with available pass holder seats. Keep clicking on "Later trains” (or "Earlier trains”) until you find something. Site #2 will also show the reservation fee for 1st class if you have a pass for 2nd class (that is possible in France).