Solved

Understanding used inbound/outbound days - terrible UX experience

• 24 August 2022
  • 1 reply

I have now decided that I’m never buying Interrail ticket again. Terms and conditions of how the app itself work are not communicated clearly for people traveling for the first time, like me.

It has never been mentioned to me and I have never been aware the Global pass functions on a principle that includes only 1 outbound and 1 inbound journey.

That means all trips you make and travel days that are connected need to be connected with each other in order for you to use it. 

I have been the whole time in understanding that the 4 trips in 1 month mean that I can travel where I want 2 times (from my home country and back to it and that all 2 times). Apparently Interrail doesn’t function like that.

I wanted to organize a trip to Paris from Berlin now, but the system refused to issue me the ticket with a warning: “No outbound/inbound journeys left”.

My questions are the following:

1. What do I now do with my Interrail Global pass, I have 2 days left? Are they now wasted and not usable?! What did I buy the pass then for.
  2. What exactly should I do with my trip and Interrail app if the tickets are not usable anymore?

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 24 August 2022, 00:25

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

On the main page about the global pass it says:

The Interrail Global Pass is valid for travel in your country of residence during one outbound journey and one inbound journey that occur during travel days at any point in your trip.

You can now still use your pass but only outside Germany. For any part in Germany you'll have to pay a ticket until the tariff border point (it can be cheaper to buy a ticket to the first stop of the train).