Solved

Unexplained Train Transfer Time

• 26 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I arrive in Frankfurt at 2234hr and have a transfer to another train which is listed as a 0hr 15m (15 minutes) transfer, meaning the train I transferred to should leave at 2249hr. However, according to the "Ticket  Booking Reservation" it says the train I transferred to will not leave until 0056hr! That is a transfer time of 2hr and 22m!

QUESTIONS... 1) How is the possible? Am I missing something? 2) I have a 15day/2month Global Pass... Will this count as 2 travel days?

Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by Yorkie 26 October 2022, 15:42

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The 15 minutes reflect how long they think the walk will be. You often see it when you have to change stations.

The train you are connecting with does indeed depart at 0056 and will count as a new travel day. 

I suggest you check with Bahn.com whether there are alternative times - quite often they use different filters and may show alternatives.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It looks like a transfer from Frankfurt(Main) Flughafen Regionalbahnhof to Frankfurt(Main) Flughafen Fernbahnhof. 15 minutes is realistic (under 10 minutes if you know you way and don't have too much luggage).

Better advice may be possible when you mention travel date and your complete journey for that day. Is it maybe Bad Kreuznach to Munich?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The 619 is the overnite ICE from Rhein/Ruhr -always late there- on hi-speed line now Köln-to Airport then via Mannheim-Stuttgart to M, arr 6.00. In fact I think it even starts in Kiel on the East-Sea ad runs van Hamburg-Bremen.

IF you want to save that travelday extra, either cough up for a normal ticket from BKr to FRA or re-arrange an earlier trip from BKr to Kóln to board <23.59-but that will eat time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

IF you want to save that travelday extra, either cough up for a normal ticket from BKr to FRA or re-arrange an earlier trip from BKr to Kóln to board <23.59-but that will eat time.

Or just add both trains separately and enter the second one from Köln Hbf...