Solved

URGENT: Pass Cover Number for seat reservation (Mobile Pass)

Hi everyone

I can see that you can either call SNCF to get an pass cover number to book seat reservations in France (I only have a mobile pass). I see that that somebody have been lucky to get the pass cover number directly by asking here in the forum. 
Hope someone can help me.

Best regards,
Andreas Drejer

icon

Best answer by carllll 18 July 2022, 12:32

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

SNCF will not give you a Pass Cover Number. You can make reservations by phone there without Pass Cover Number.

You can make reservations for most trains without Pass Cover Number. What route are you trying to make a reservation for?

Hi AnneB
What I wrote was also wrong I see. I meant that I needed a Pass Cover Number to make a seat reservation in France.

I am trying to book Montpellier-Paris.

I have seen here in the forum, someone has been given a Pass Cover Number by requesting one, by an employee of Eurail/Interrrail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The best way to make reservations for French trains is to call SNCF. No need of Pass Cover Number. 

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail

To get your Pass Cover Number, if you still will need it, you need to contact Customer Support through this form and ask for the Pass Cover Number.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Customer Support is currently overloaded with requests so you will probably have to be patient to get help. Please let Customer Support know what date your travel will start so that they can prioritise your request correctly.

It is because I use the site travel.b-europe.com  to book my seat reservation and they request a Pass Cover number. I started out using Interrails own webpage, but it says that no prices are available. I have tried to call SCNF, but they don’t accept my VISA credit card (since they don’t accept foreign credit cards I was told).

Hope someone can help, I really need the possibility to book the seat reservations online.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can call  b-europe and make the reservation. No need of Pass Cover Number.

The phone call is rather expensive.

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Contact/Contact-Centre

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

To get your Pass Cover Number, if you still will need it, you need to contact Customer Support through this form and ask for the Pass Cover Number.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Customer Support is currently overloaded with requests so you will probably have to be patient to get help. Please let Customer Support know what date your travel will start so that they can prioritise your request correctly.

I have tried to call that number on several phones, but it is not available, just making the beeping sound.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have tried to call that number on several phones, but it is not available, just making the beeping sound.

Which number? SNCF or b-europe? You need to check that you have the correct country code. SNCF is French and b-europe is Belgian. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For domestic French reservations, you can also call NS. Also no booking fees, they do accept VISA and their phone number (+31 30 2300023) is a normal one, rather than the premium number of B-Europe.

For domestic French reservations, you can also call NS. Also no booking fees, they do accept VISA and their phone number (+31 30 2300023) is a normal one, rather than the premium number of B-Europe.

Thanks. By domestic French reservations, do you then also mean seat reservations? And is that booking somehow sent to SNCF so they know that the seat is booked so I won’t get any problems? I don’t understand why Interrail has not made it possible to book everything online with the mobile pass, this is really not how difficult I expected seat reservation booking to be.

Which number? SNCF or b-europe? You need to check that you have the correct country code. SNCF is French and b-europe is Belgian. 

Hi Anna
SNCF works fine, but they don’t take other than french credit cards.
The Belgian number from B-europe  (+32 70 79 79 79) does not work (with the +32 country code). I will try call NS as rvdborgt suggested.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

SNCF works fine, but they don’t take other than french credit cards.

They accept some more but it seems they accept a rather limited range of cards/countries (and I doubt this is in line with EU legislation).

The Belgian number from B-europe  (+32 70 79 79 79) does not work (with the +32 country code). I will try call NS as rvdborgt suggested.

If that number does not work for you, then it's probably your provider blocking it. The NS number is a normal number in Utrecht though and should work.

You can go to this link to generate a pass cover number for a mobile pass and you do not have to contact customer service:

https://www.eurail.com/en/book-reservations#/generatePassCoverNumber?utm_source=chatbot&utm_campaign=pcn
You can also access this in the chat bot on the help page.