Solved

Use global pass for private cabin on ferry Patras - Bari

• 27 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, we’re looking to travel from Patras (Greece) to Bari (Italy) at the end of May on an overnight ferry, and we have already purchased a 1st class 5 days in a month. I’ve seen that you could only use the pass to travel in a 4-bed dorm, but I’m also seeing on this website that we should be able to get a discount on all travel on these ferries. Is it possible to get a discount on a 2-bed cabin? Or is there a different route from Greece to Italy that has this option?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by ralderton 27 March 2023, 00:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which ferry line are you looking at?

I just priced up a sailing on Blue Star Ferries, and it allowed a 2 person cabin, with Interrail/ Eurail discount. (Screenshot here shows Passenger 1 paying full price, Passenger 2 getting a Eurail discount.

Thank you very much for your help. I was looking at the superfast ferries as well and I must’ve made a mistake somewhere, because I see the discount now as well. Only the Deluxe cabins are not discounted and you have to fill in both passengers’ ages first to see the discount at all. 

As this is only a discount, am I correct that this wouldn’t cost us a travel day?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thank you very much for your help. I was looking at the superfast ferries as well and I must’ve made a mistake somewhere, because I see the discount now as well. Only the Deluxe cabins are not discounted and you have to fill in both passengers’ ages first to see the discount at all. 

As this is only a discount, am I correct that this wouldn’t cost us a travel day?

Yes, that is correct, you may be asked to show your pass at check-in but you do not need an active day for the discounted fare.