Skip to main content
Solved

Use of apple wallet and the global pass

• 4 June 2024
  • 3 replies

I’m not travelling yet and just getting the hang of how my pass works.  I’ve activated my pass and I put on  some of my tickets.  I saw a message come up which said something about not being able to use apple wallet whilst using interrail ticket.  Foolishly I did not write it down.

The message has now gone and I deactivated and reactivated my ticket to try and see it again, but it has not re-appeared. 

Does this make sense to anyone?  Is there anything I need to be aware of regarding the use of my apple wallet and the interrail pass?

Peter

3 replies

I’m not travelling yet and just getting the hang of how my pass works.  I’ve activated my pass and I put on  some of my tickets.  I saw a message come up which said something about not being able to use apple wallet whilst using interrail ticket.  Foolishly I did not write it down.

The message has now gone and I deactivated and reactivated my ticket to try and see it again, but it has not re-appeared. 

Does this make sense to anyone?  Is there anything I need to be aware of regarding the use of my apple wallet and the interrail pass?

Peter

It might be referring to the NFC function being deactivated while using the Interrail app. That’s on purpose for avoiding the tap and go function (which works with the contactless function of credit cards) in places like the Netherlands while trying to pass the Platform barrier. So basically NFC is deactivated to avoid the barrier to register a Check in with your credit card while you’re just trying to show your QR code of the ticket.

Badge

Thanks so much for your comment.  I’m not a very tech savvy person and so had to look up what NFC was!   I’m travelling from Britain to France to Switzerland and Italy and so I assume there aren’t issues with barriers trying to read my credit card details. 

I was a bit concerned that somehow the apple wallet function would not work properly because of the interrail app.  But I assume it is only when the interrail QR code is open that the NFC function is deactivated.

Many thanks,

Peter

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

But I assume it is only when the interrail QR code is open that the NFC function is deactivated.

I think that is correct. This is done because of the faulty design of the Dutch gates: NFC readers at the same location as the barcode readers :(