Solved

Valencia to Ibiza via ferry?

• 30 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I have just purchased a One-Month global continuous pass. I am looking to do a ferry trip from Valencia - Ibiza however when I am on the Direct Ferry website, I am unable to locate anywhere to input my interrail pass of which the website states that it covers ferrys or at least discounts them. If you would be able to give me some feedback would be much appreciated as need to keep costs down.

If anyone knows how to make these reservations with the pass?

And roughly how much this would cost?

Many Thanks

icon

Best answer by Marion 2 May 2022, 17:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

On the directferries website you can't book ferry tickets with Interrail discount. You have to book via the ferry operators themselves. For Valencia - Ibiza that seems to be Balearia. Although they say there's a 20% discount with Interrail/Eurail, they don't say how to book that. I'd suggest to contact them and ask. At the bottom of their Interral/Eurail page, there's a "Contact us” button and a button to contact them via Whatsapp. Do report back here how it works because I've also been wondering, for a future trip to Mallorca.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It MAY simply be much easier and even also cheaper to use anoither ferry-or from close by. There MAY also be junior discount on some, which equals it or may even be higher. BTW: flying is most likely the very cheapest option.

From another similar post: in general (though ESpana is abound with long forgotten or never properly updated rules as a very general rule you probably have to go yourself to the office of Balearia and buy it there whilst showing pass-and hoping that seller will know about it. Never ever via any of these mutlitude of resellers (same applies always to airlines too)

Ferries are way out for pax-they mostly aim people with cars

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

On the directferries website you can't book ferry tickets with Interrail discount. You have to book via the ferry operators themselves. For Valencia - Ibiza that seems to be Balearia. Although they say there's a 20% discount with Interrail/Eurail, they don't say how to book that. I'd suggest to contact them and ask. At the bottom of their Interral/Eurail page, there's a "Contact us” button and a button to contact them via Whatsapp. Do report back here how it works because I've also been wondering, for a future trip to Mallorca.

Hi, You can find more information about the Balearia ferry discount here. I hope this helps! Cheers,