Solved

Venice-Lyon - I don't see all connections

• 31 March 2022
  • 2 replies

I have planned to travel from Venice to Lyon the 28th of July. In the Railplanner App, I can only see a train going via Austria and Switzerland. This takes around 24 hours, whilst when I look at the site of the Italian train company, I see a train via Milan that's way faster. Can I take this train with my Interrail Pas too, or not? If I could take this train, how do I have to make a reservation for it?

Kind regards,

Mels Ubels

icon

Best answer by Angelo 31 March 2022, 15:27

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey, 

the italian train company Trenitalia has started to publish the summer timetable (from June), it takes some days that all timetable searcher in Europe has the new data. The railplanner app needs some more time, because it works also offline. 

From Venice to Lyon you can take a Frecciargento or Frecciarossa to Milan (10€ reservation) and than a TGV of SNCF to Paris (ca. 35€ reservation) but you have to change trains in France and take local trains to Lyon, because the TGV runs outside of Lyon. 

There are also Frecciarossa trains of Trenitalia from Milan to Paris via Lyon, but they don’t accept Interrail in France. But because they are new, they have cheap tickets (from 29€). You could try to buy a normal ticket from Milan or also from Venice to Lyon without using a Interrail Travel Day. 

Or you can travel from Venice to Geneva (via Milan) and in Geneva take a train to Lyon. 

Dear Angelo,

Thank you so much for the answer! It really helps me out a lot! 

Kinds regards,

Mels Ubels