Solved

Viena-Liublianua

• 20 October 2022
  • 4 replies

As the trip around Balkans is not factible, my friends and me are looking for a new route.

We have thought about going:

Venice-Munich

Munich-Viena

Viena-Liubliana

Liubliana-Zagreb and back home. But we don´t know exactly if there is a good comunication between Viena-Liubliana or Italy-Munich. 

We try to search for the itinerary of the trains but we don’t find nothing. I suppose that it can be because we are planning the trip for next summer.

If someone could help me, I would be so pleased. 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Angelo 20 October 2022, 09:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, yes this trip is possible and there are on most of this routes trains evry few hours. You could check on fahrplan.oebb.at the timetable for next year. Some trains are still missing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The first two have also NJ=overnite trenes, choose between seatonly or cuccette/litera-but all have mandatory REServacion.

As angelo also explains-enough trenes (more/day as RENFE offers on similar lines) and RES is only optional and not needed off-season. For Wien-Lj you may have to change in Graz and /or Maribor. About half this ride is quite scenic-use it as they are building new tunnels to speed it up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You have 2 sensible day train options from Venice, via the Brenner Pass to Munich (may need a change at Verona) or direct to Vienna (Via Semmering). I know there have been various works on the Semmering route but not sure if it is completed yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You have 2 sensible day train options from Venice, via the Brenner Pass to Munich (may need a change at Verona) or direct to Vienna (Via Semmering). I know there have been various works on the Semmering route but not sure if it is completed yet.

At Semmering there are still works, but for long distance trains no problems. Also possible is to use RJ trains to Villach and change there for EC trains to Munich via Salzburg.