Solved

VISA card not accepted by SNCF

• 17 July 2022
  • 2 replies

When I called SNCF for a seat reservation I found out that my EU Visa card is not accepted. I was told that only American Express and French cards are accepted. As far as i know this is not legal. I also read somewhere that Visa cards are accepted. Is this normal or they just made up an excuse to not give seat reservations? Did it happen to you?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 17 July 2022, 15:06

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The advice is to call SNCF again. There are some SNCF staff that don't want to sell reservations only and then they say that the credit cards don't work. There has been several cases where people got the answer you got and then they call and talk to another person who sells them the reservation without problem. Sometimes a person has called 3-4 times before they got help.

The advice is to call SNCF again. There are some SNCF staff that don't want to sell reservations only and then they say that the credit cards don't work. There has been several cases where people got the answer you got and then they call and talk to another person who sells them the reservation without problem. Sometimes a person has called 3-4 times before they got help.

THANK YOU!!! I DID IT!!