Solved

Want to book Eurostar from London to Amsterdam but encountering difficulties

Hello everyone,

I would like to get the Eurostar ticket with my friend from London to Amsterdam using the mobile Eurail Pass, but the direct train ticket sold out on Eurail website

I tried to call SNCF hotline, but their staff said I can only make a seat reservation online

and I tried using b-europe, but it requires a pass cover number, thus I cannot make a seat reservation

Beside making an enquiry on Eurail website asking for the pass cover number, is there anything that I can do? I am afraid of the ticket solding out… and I really want to try on the Eurostar :( 

Thanks everyone

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 25 May 2022, 21:47

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The SNCF staff should have been able to help you so call them again. Sometimes the staff is not so helpful and then you have to give it another try.

Did you call this number?

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail. No Pass Cover Number needed.

The Pass Cover Number you get from Customer Support through this form.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Customer Support is currently overloaded with requests so you will probably have to be patient to get help. Please mention the start date of your travel when you contact Customer Support .

The SNCF staff should have been able to help you so call them again. Sometimes the staff is not so helpful and then you have to give it another try.

Did you call this number?

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail. No Pass Cover Number needed.

The Pass Cover Number you get from Customer Support through this form.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Customer Support is currently overloaded with requests so you will probably have to be patient to get help. Please mention the start date of your travel when you contact Customer Support .

Yes, I called this number

Trying to call again but seems not going well… Listening to music for so long… Sometime it even hung up my call...

I’ve successfully called the SNCF, but the staff said they can’t help as the trip does not start or end at France

Is there any way that I can get the Pass Cover Number beside customer service form, so that I can order from Belgium Railway website?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Is there any way that I can get the Pass Cover Number beside customer service form, so that I can order from Belgium Railway website?

No, Customer Service is the only way to get the Pass Cover Number. At least as far as I know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can also call

I’ve successfully called the SNCF, but the staff said they can’t help as the trip does not start or end at France

Hm, they've found another way of chasing customers away :(

I very much doubt they can't book that.

You can also call Belgian railways. Again no booking fees or pass cover number needed. But the number costs more than the French one.

You can also call

You can also call Belgian railways. Again no booking fees or pass cover number needed. But the number costs more than the French one.

I have tried to call, but cannot reach out the number :( No idea if the number is wrong or some problem occured

You can also call

Successfully booked via Belgian Railways. Thanks a lot for your advice!