Solved

Way out of Barcelona? (May 10th / 11th 2024)

• 26 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Hello Interrail Community,

On May 11th, we plan to start our journey back home from Barcelona to Munich. We intended to purchase our seat reservations at the Renfe counter in Barcelona, but we were informed that from May 9th to May 13th, there are no trains running from Barcelona to Paris (or anywhere like Avignon). Now we are searching for an alternative route to return to Munich (or somehow to Paris), but we can't seem to find any route.(We also would leave one day earlier) Have we overlooked something? Does anyone know of an alternative? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings. 

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 26 April 2024, 10:12

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

The option I can see is a Rodaliers regional train from Barcelona to Latour de Carol-Enveitg (La Tor de Querol in spanish systems). These don’t show up on normal journey planner sites but interrail/eurail is valid on this. Find times on https://rodalies.gencat.cat/ca/inici 

After that I would recommend going for a IC Nuit, but looking at things these aren’t running either….

The only train available that i can see is the ICNuit on 12 May from Latour to Paris, book via raileurope. 

After that book a reservation from Paris to München direct or via Mannheim, €18 via raileurope. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Everything else is sold out at the moment, so the alternative is spending two full days travelling to get to München…

(I dislike this sncf practice)

Userlevel 2
Badge

Check out my train journey: Is your only reservation free alternative…

Userlevel 2
Badge

The only train available that i can see is the ICNuit on 12 May from Latour to Paris, book via raileurope. 

After that book a reservation from Paris to München direct or via Mannheim, €18 via raileurope. 

Book both of these as soon as possible! There is a high chance they will sell out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The only practical solution is to take a Flixbus to Montpellier. For example leave at 7-8am and you reach Montpellier-Sabines around midday. The 07:45 departure would be convenient.

Then by tram/bus you can reach Montpellier Sud de France (high-speed train station in the outskirts) in time for the 14:07 - 17:18 TGV to Paris. 20€ reservation, book ASAP.

EDIT: there are some works in the south of France and SNCF basically said: "we won't run any train in the whole region that weekend." Easy for them but not so much for travellers... it's a popular weekend too. :(

Hi guys, 

thanks for your help! What a shame, but I think the step with Flixbus will be the best for me. 

Thanks again!