Solved

We've got a second class reservations in a first class

My Wife and I have got a second Class reservation in a first class in Italien.

we have one month global pass, senior.

PNR VR74F5 and VR74UN.

what to do?

How is this  possible?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 16 June 2022, 00:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

ANYthing is possible on railways and ITsystems-just a week or 2 ago we had here many complaints/questions about exact reverse: 2nd cl pass and 2st cl seat=that gives more trouble. And ITalia in general is not well known in such matters. Do we really have to tell you that?

IF you are in ITaly for some time and this is not 1st trip into: I think its best to go to a counter (there may even be a special faster one for such honored clientele) and have them try to adapt it-expect a ´no possibile, scusi, signore´.

If its just the 3€ for an IC-forget it, and use seewulfs and others advice: book via oebb.at (NOT as seat only-but as ticket then add pass as discount).

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

My Wife and I have got a second Class reservation in a first class in Italien.

we have one month global pass, senior.

For which train is this? Origin, destination, date, departure time.

In any case, you need to contact customer service to get this corrected. Mention your travel date since they use that to prioritise.

For next reservations for Italian day trains, use ÖBB: no booking fees, fewer bugs. Do NOT use the "Seat only” option but add the "Interrail / Eurail” option to all persons and then look for normal tickets.