Solved

Website is Bipolar - reservations; ''prices aren't available

I am trying to book a trip from Offenburg, Germany to London on 26/6. I would prefer to travel through Lille so we don’t have to change train stations. There are options but the site keeps saying pricing/reservations aren’t available at this time. I’ve had this issue daily for the past week...which means I’ve been reserving just 1 trip per day. If I try to schedule more than 1 at a time the website goes crazy slow. I really need to get this scheduled. Does anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 2 June 2022, 20:04

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

26/6 is a Sunday, which is bad for availability. There are only a few Eurostars Lille - London left with pass holder seats:

The first one is too early, so that leaves you with only 2 options. Find connecting trains and then book them. Best is booking them one by one, since the booking website sometimes doesn't let you go further when booking multiple trains at once. Slowness of the Interrail booking website is usually in the evening and due to heavy load.

Alternatively, book your trains via SNCF by phone. Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail.

You could also travel via Germany to Brussels (reservations optional, book via DB for 4€/journey) and take the Eurostar there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I am trying to book a trip from Offenburg, Germany to London on 26/6. I would prefer to travel through Lille so we don’t have to change train stations. There are options but the site keeps saying pricing/reservations aren’t available at this time. I’ve had this issue daily for the past week...which means I’ve been reserving just 1 trip per day. If I try to schedule more than 1 at a time the website goes crazy slow. I really need to get this scheduled. Does anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks! 

if you dont want to switch stations take from Offenburg a ICE to Frankfurt/Cologne then anotherone to Brussel and change in Brussel for the Eurostar :) (Eurostar have own Platforms in the station of Brussels Midi)

Depending on the trains you take you may have to walk from Lille Mainstation to Lille Europe