Solved

What happens when you just miss your train, because you couldn’t find it quick enough? And what about the reservations as well?

• 5 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I would like to travel from germany to italy.

So I checked out the routes and I have to take multiply trains to reach my destination.

But sometimes I have only 5 minutes to switch the trains.

In another conversation I read that you can hop on a later train when your previous train was late.

But what happens when you just miss your train, because you couldn’t find it quick enough? And what about the reservations as well?

Thank you very much, Hannah

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 5 June 2022, 22:43

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you miss your train because of a delay, then you are entitled to use the next available train without extra costs. Staff is obliged to assist if necessary.

If you share your timetable, then maybe some alternatives can be given.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This is the theor-but in areas where all these trians MUSt REServed and next ones are full, as its a very busy day-you are out of luck. It also varies enormously between countires how helpful they are in practice. But germans always relish the idea of being able to claim Ihre ´Rechte´it will take a few monthes for the few € to come through.

Nearly every where it works like DB: on arr before a big change-stop: next connections are on screen or called by. And most likely you will not be the only one.

Timekeeping is esp. very, very bad on DB/ICE-you can be assured that out of DE its usually much better. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

If you miss your train because of a delay, then you are entitled to use the next available train without extra costs. Staff is obliged to assist if necessary.

If you share your timetable, then maybe some alternatives can be given.

@rvdborgt 

Please give your opinion :

If you travel with DB BAHN, 2 trains, and you have reserved a seat for both trains.

Train 1 is late so you miss your connection from train 2.

I was told that you are not automatically assigned a seat, for the connection of train 2. But that you have to buy a new seat reservation, and you can then pay it back afterwards after submitting a complaint to DB BAHN.

Is this correct?

Thank you very much for your quick answers.

I changed the dates. So instead of 5 minutes, I’ll have 10 minutes to enter the connecting train.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you travel with DB BAHN, 2 trains, and you have reserved a seat for both trains.

Train 1 is late so you miss your connection from train 2.

I was told that you are not automatically assigned a seat, for the connection of train 2. But that you have to buy a new seat reservation, and you can then pay it back afterwards after submitting a complaint to DB BAHN.

Is this correct?

That's one way. But if you have time, you can always go to the ticket office and ask for a replacement reservation. Or call the hotline. If you don't have time for that, claiming afterwards is the way to go.