Solved

What is the site in Norway for seat reservations?

I was able to make seat reservations on the swedish rail service as directed here, but not in the German. Now I need to know the adress of the site in Norway, I did not see it in the list provided in the reply I received. Thanks

icon

Best answer by Jose Ovidio Copstein Waldemar 6 July 2022, 11:05

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

To get e-tickets for Norway you need to call Entur.

• By calling the Entur call center: +47 61 27 90 88 (press 9 for services in english).

Opening hours (CET): 

Monday to Friday: 07:00 - 23:00

Saturday: 08:00 - 21:00

Sunday: 08:00 - 23:00

Opening hours during bank holidays are shorter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can also book Norwegian reservations via SNCF and DB, both only at the ticket office or by phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can also book Norwegian reservations via SNCF and DB, both only at the ticket office or by phone.

@rvdborgt 

And they sent e-tickets for Norway? That is interesting. DSB send only paper tickets for Norway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rvdborgt

And they sent e-tickets for Norway? That is interesting. DSB send only paper tickets for Norway.

I can't say. Both SNCF and DB are working towards digital only but I don't know what that means for specific reservations like for Norway.

For me what worked was http://sj.se/ from Sweeden, I could book trains leaving Oslo to Stockolm, as well as from Stockolm. ENTUR left me on the phone more than 20 minutes each time and I gave up.

I suggest at times like these Eurail can have this information on its website, to facilitate life for travellers. 

https://travel.b-europe.com/dsb-rail/en/reservation-only#TravelWish also worked but now I don´t know if I paid 50 dollars for seat reservation from Copenhagen to Hamburg, or because I am a senior I bought another ticket with the seat included, I will find in Copenhagen😁.

SNCC telephones only books french trains leaving Germany, I could not find one leaving Berlin. 

German telephone help for Deutsche Bahn very quick answer, it did not help in my case but gave me valuable information.

You can also book Norwegian reservations via SNCF and DB, both only at the ticket office or by phone”. This information above was not my experience, I went four days ago to Gare de Lyon Ticket office in Paris, waited one hour only to be told they do not make seat reservations for trains in Norway, Germany or Sweden, etc..  only for spanish (they have agreement with RENFE). I even went to the ticket office supervisor to hear the same explanation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can also book Norwegian reservations via SNCF and DB, both only at the ticket office or by phone”. This information above was not my experience, I went four days ago to Gare de Lyon Ticket office in Paris, waited one hour only to be told they do not make seat reservations for trains in Norway, Germany or Sweden, etc..  only for spanish (they have agreement with RENFE). I even went to the ticket office supervisor to hear the same explanation.

Well, then even the supervisor was wrong. I've read a report just a few days ago from someone who booked reservations for Norwegian trains at an SNCF ticket office.

Did they try to book and failed? There may have been other reasons why a reservation didn't work.

As to Spain: can SNCF book Spanish domestic trains? If so, that would really be helpful.