Solved

What’s the best/cheapest way to get from Rome city centre to Rome Fiumicino airport?

• 16 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

What’s the best/cheapest way to get from Rome city centre to Rome Fiumicino airport. Something like a reliable company or train/bus. Would this have to be pre booked or book when I’m there? 

icon

Best answer by EdM 16 April 2022, 08:19

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Frequent services between an airport and the main city it serves almost never have to be prebooked.

It’s a similar situation to London < > Heathrow; you have the choice of an affordable urban train at a conventional price making several stops, or a fast premium service (the Leonardo Express) which costs more but goes directly from the airport to the main station (Roma Termini) without any stops.

I’m assuming you’re staying in Rome so won’t be using your pass on this day, but if you will be, the former of these trains can be used with any pass whereas the latter can only be used with a 1st class pass.

The slower train doesn’t actually go to Termini (which is a terminal station) but does serve Trastevere, Ostiense, Tuscolana and Tiburtina. However, if Termini is the station you want, it’s an easy change of trains at Ostiense.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Frequent services between an airport and the main city it serves almost never have to be prebooked.

It’s a similar situation to London < > Heathrow; you have the choice of an affordable urban train at a conventional price making several stops, or a fast premium service (the Leonardo Express) which costs more but goes directly from the airport to the main station (Roma Termini) without any stops.

I’m assuming you’re staying in Rome so won’t be using your pass on this day, but if you will be, the former of these trains can be used with any pass whereas the latter can only be used with a 1st class pass.

The slower train doesn’t actually go to Termini (which is a terminal station) but does serve Trastevere, Ostiense, Tuscolana and Tiburtina. However, if Termini is the station you want, it’s an easy change of trains at Ostiense.

So which train could I get on from Rome termini to Fiumicino airport? Is there a website or can I just turn up and find a train to where I want to go?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Timetables are on www.trenitalia.com. You can also buy tickets there.