Solved

When does reservations expire in shopping cart?

Hi, I am super stressed to get some Eurostar reservations after I noticed that there are NONE as soon as you log in with your pass, and ALL while you are not logged in (I wouldn’t have bought a pass for this month if I knew that earlier) but now I am trying to reach a friend which reservation to take (one costs me 89 euros more because I need to buy an extra full fare Thalys from Amsterdam-Brussels as there are no pass quota reservations left) but I am stressed that the shopping cart will expire before I could book them! Anyone knows? Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 8 April 2023, 15:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You don't see any availability before logging in:

Although I agree this does not stand out enough, considering the amount of complaints posted.

As to Amsterdam-Brussels: you don't need to buy a Thalys ticket. Just use the hourly intercity service, which doesn't require any reservation or supplement.

Thalys and Eurostar availability is best checked here:

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

Hi, thanks for your quick reply! 

I unfortunately do need to buy that Thalys ticket, because the only train reaching Brusslels by 8am (to catch the only Eurostar that still had availability) is the Thalys. Otherwise I would have to either take busses and trains the whole night or use another travel day the day before. 

Will from now on only check via the b-europe portal. Thank you! So no information how long reservations stay in the cart?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Will from now on only check via the b-europe portal. Thank you! So no information how long reservations stay in the cart?

They stay there for a very long time - like days. I noticed that after doing test bookings which I never removed from the cart. So I doubt that means they remain bookable all that time. When you book directly with a railway company it's usually 15 minutes.