Solved

When making a seat reservation (Prague-Budapest), it only asked for my name, not anything about interrail pass. Is that normal?

Badge

Hello!

I just bought a seat reservation on the Czech Republic train website for a train from Pagra to Budapest where seat reservation was mandatory. In the purchase of the ticket I have only put my name, he has not asked me for anything about the interrail pass. It is normal?
And can someone explain to me how the process of taking a train is, that is, I have to show both the ticket (QR) of the interrail pass train from prague to budapest and the QR of the seat reservation, right?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by seewulf 7 June 2022, 20:58

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For which train exactly (date & departure time)? Most trains have optional reservations.

Badge

Is for this train. The departure time is at 10:56, in the interrail application it is not updated.

But could someone explain to me how the topic that I asked before about how it works when taking a train with a reserved seat, please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

This train is reservation optional (you can reserve but it´s not compulsory)
Because of that the Conductor usually wont ask for the reservation only in case of problems like 2 travelers claim the same seats as theirs.

It´s enough to show the QR Code from Interrailpass (RailplannerApp) as this is your Ticket .

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Reservation is optional for this train. The app is wrong. The ticket inspector would then normally only ask for your pass and not for any reservation.

You always need to show your pass (QR code). You only need to show a reservation when it's mandatory.

Badge

Where do you see that the reservation is optional?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The DB planner, CD planner. The rail planner app should not be used to plan. Only to record journeys in My Trip/My Pass.

Badge

Do any of these trains require a compulsory reservation?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Only Zagreb to Split has compulsory reservations. Can only be bought in Croatia. Just go to the ticket office when you arrive there. Price is around 1€.

Badge

OKEY, Thank you very much!