Solved

When we reserve seats, would we be able to reserve seats next to each other if we bought tickets separately?

• 8 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi all!

My boyfriend and I will be travelling europe in the fall. We are trying to understand how the passes/reservations work. 

When we reserve seats, would we be able to reserve seats next to each other if we bought tickets separately or is it randomized/pick a seat when you get to the train?

Or if we buy the passes together, when we reserve, since we bought together would it automatically assign us seats together/choose seats next to each other ? Or is it also just pick a seat when you get to the train? 

Any info on how this works and if there’s a benefit to booking passes together or each separately!!!

thanks a million

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 8 July 2022, 19:17

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you want to sit together, then you should book together (i.e. in one booking). If you don't do that, then seat assignment can be quite random.

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and ticket in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.