Solved

Zagreb to Rijeka -connection not in the app

• 9 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi guys!

I want to travel from zagreb to rijeka. In HZ (national train transport company), which is related to interrail, there is a direct trip from zagreb to split which would be perfect for us, but in the reservation app of interrail it doesnt appear. Instead, there is another one that makes an stopover in Ljubjana (Slovenia), but we only have teh one country pass, so… What can we do? Could we take the direct train without reservation? Or should we take the global pass in order to go to ljubjuana? Isn’t there any option to make the stopover in Ljubjana without having the global pass? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 1 September 2022, 17:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The ONLY train that MUST be RES in Hrvatska is the Zag-Split line-and during summer dozens of questions about this were in this forum. Can only be done in person-to another working person in a HR station.

However-this line is a kind of dead end-you can, by train, only come back same way-and to reach Rijeka-then go via Ljubljana. You Q is not clear to me, maybe you confused things up or assume there are raillines were there are not any nor have ever been.

IF your travels are limited to these trips in this area HR+SI, then a pass is throw money away-just buy local tickets-and there is also no need at all to fear+sweat by doing this monthes advance-you cannot and normal people just buy these at counter before train goes.

Sorry! I wrote it wrong. I wanted to say Rijejka, the trip from Zagreb to Rijeka, which is the one that is direct if you search on the HZTT national railways website. They told me it should be possible to take it with the pass. But my question was the following one: Is it true that I can take this direct train even if it is not on the interrail planner app? Or should I take trips that appear in the app, because those trips make an stopover in ljubjana (Slovenia) and I dont have the global pass… Thank you for your response!

Sorry! I wrote it wrong. I wanted to say Rijejka, the trip from Zagreb to Rijeka, which is the one that is direct if you search on the HZTT national railways website. They told me it should be possible to take it with the pass. But my question was the following one: Is it true that I can take this direct train even if it is not on the interrail planner app? Or should I take trips that appear in the app, because those trips make an stopover in ljubjana (Slovenia) and I dont have the global pass… Thank you for your response!

Hello! Thank you for this question. The reason why you don't see any trains on the timetable, is because not all train carriers share their timetable with us.

I would advise you to check timetables and updates by the railway companies of each country respectively and book via their website or locally at the train station.

If a connection does not appear on the app, try to add this journey manually: 

To add a journey manually, please do the following:

At timetable section, you may type in some random characters within the "From" field. Because the timetable won't recognize any stations, it will give you the option to add a station manually. Click on this option and you can proceed to enter the journey details manually, and then add it to your pass so as to have the right QR for travelling.

When it comes to reservations, you can request them locally at the train station! 

Kind regards,

Annie