Solved

Zurich-Milano then Milano-Venizia - cancel and rebook?

• 5 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi

I bought tickets Zurich to Milano Centrale 7 June 8:33am for 5 ppl with eurail pass on ÖBB site, on Eurocity 311. 

We intend to split up with 3 people heading to Venice first (after lunch) and the other 2 later on the same day. 
But now the 3 people want to go direct to Venice without stopping for lunch in Milan. If I book them on the same Eurocity 311 which departs Milano 12.05pm, will they need to get off the train, exit with other arrivals and re-enter through departure gate or can they just stay on the train? 

I don’t see any option to cancel/exchange the original tickets for 5 people. (I bought on website before I downloaded the app, now can’t see them on app)

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 6 June 2023, 11:15

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, if it is the same train you don't have to exit the train.

Keep in mind that train stations in Europe are not like Airports. Mostly there are no ticket checks at the entrence, except for some places like Spain, Netherlands or big italian stations. But they look only that you have a ticket. No Gates or departure or arrival terminals. Does not exist.

Badge +1

Thank you. One more question - is printed ticket required for ÖBB reservations? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you. One more question - is printed ticket required for ÖBB reservations? 

There's no need to print reservations, even if the confirmation mail says so. Only for night trains it's a good idea.