Skip to main content
Solved

1st class in global pass worth it from Norwy to Budapest?

• 19 July 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and me are going to do interrail from Norway to Budapest in September and we want to know if the 1st class is worth in north-europe trains.

Our trip will have the following stops:

Bergen - Oslo - Stockholm - Gothenburg - Copenhagen - Berlin - Budapest

Kind regards.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello, 1st class in Norway is not realy worth, because almost same seats like in 2nd class.

For the other trains, the seats in 1st class are more confy than in 2nd with less seats in a carriage.

You don't have other benefits. No lounge or included meals. In Denmark I think you have some water or snacks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you travel with SJ between Göteborg and Malmö/Köpenhamn you have the SJ lounge in Göteborg and Malmö where you get food and something to drink. You have the DSB lounge in Köpenhamn. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@AnnaB are the sj lounges included? was there not an issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The issue was that it isn't enough with a 1st class pass and a valid travel day, you also must travel with SJ on that day.

Until the 7th of May 2024 you could enter the SJ lounge with a 1st class pass no matter which train company you were travelling with that day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@AnnaB Thanks Anna

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The issue was that it isn't enough with a 1st class pass and a valid travel day, you also must travel with SJ on that day.

Until the 7th of May 2024 you could enter the SJ lounge with a 1st class pass no matter which train company you were travelling with that day.

Do they insist on a reservation or is having a SJ train listed on your pass enough?