Austria; COVID test

• 18 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello i live in the netherlands and i want to travel to zagreb in kroatia, but for that we need to make a stop in austria, but there is only 10 minutes of waiting time in austria, i am 3 times vaccinated but does anybody now if i need a pcr-coronatest? 
because netherland is marked as a red or orange

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please check reopen.europe.eu and/or Sherpa (change nationality; it's USA by default) to check entry requirements. Also take into account that requirement change frequently and with max. a few days’ notice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello i live in the netherlands and i want to travel to zagreb in kroatia, but for that we need to make a stop in austria, but there is only 10 minutes of waiting time in austria, i am 3 times vaccinated but does anybody now if i need a pcr-coronatest? 
because netherland is marked as a red or orange

Hey!

I am from Austria and crossed borders a lot of times since Corona started and by train I was never checked by Austrian police/army…. I was just once checked and that was at the Southern border coming from Bulgaria by bus… 
With 3 vaccines you don’t have to worry and just show your ticket that you travel through Austria in case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are exceptions for those who can prove (by their ticket, if checked at all) that they only do fast transit=within 12 or 24 hrs for a test.

The connection is probably in Villach-the train to -LjubljanaZagreb will stand other side of platform and is quite short. the OeBB train from MUnchen-Salzburg most likely is late but inform conductor when they check and if there are enough of people wanting this change they hold train 2-it happens nearly every day!