Finding out what trains do bicycle carriage

• 29 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Hey Community! 
I am planning a trip this summer with my bicycle and wanted to use interrail for the largest stretches of commuting. When trying to plan a journey in the interrail app I can see for every train in a particular journey whether or not it takes a bike, but this is a very inefficient way to check journeys. Besides inefficiency, the interrail app only provides me with trains that do not carry a bike… Trying to plan a trip using train providers like OBB (austria) and DB (germany) I can find trips that allow me to take a bike but these use trains that interrail does not allow I believe. It is all a bit of a mess…

Any advice or experience with this would be much appreciated. The particular trip I am looking at now is Utrecht Centraal to Verona porta nuova.

Thanks people :) 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Utrect Central - Verona can be done very easy and cheap :) for he bike you need a International bike reservation (8€) from Utrecht via Venlo - Düsseldorf/Cologne - München - Verona

You can use the bike connection search of German Rail bahn.de :) Note that your bike needs a reservation (Price = 8€)