Information on Interrail pass for Indian passport holder

• 28 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello All,

I am living in UK on residence permit and have Indian passport, I have few questions regarding interrail and hope to get clarification around it.

1. Can I get interrail pass at all? Or I have to get Eurail pass instead?
  2. My UK resident permit is valid from Nov 2021 till Nov 2022, can I purchase interrail pass for travel in month of May? Is there any criteria regarding validity of residence permit?
  3. Can I used this pass to travel in UK, for example, I am living in Newcastle, Can I use this pass to travel from Newcastle to London and then London to Paris on same day?
  4. Can I use this pass to get Schengen Visa?

Thanks in advance for your help.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  1. You qualify for Interrail, as far as I can see.
  2. There's no other requirement than living in Europe and being able to document that, e.g. with your residency permit.
  3. You can use Interrail in your country of residence on 2 travel days. Going from Newcastle to Paris on the same day is perfectly possible. You can use as many trains as you like on a travel day.
  4. I don't think Interrail is relevant for getting a Schengen visa.
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In your situation it seems to me it is FAR better to check first if you are eligible for a Schengen-visa. Only if you have got it for real then buy pass. There is a discount of 10% till 31/3-but these discount periods tend to be repeated a few times in the yr.

In your situation it seems to me it is FAR better to check first if you are eligible for a Schengen-visa. Only if you have got it for real then buy pass. There is a discount of 10% till 31/3-but these discount periods tend to be repeated a few times in the yr.

Yes, I am eligible for Schengen Visa. Can apply it from UK. My worry is they will ask to show proof of outbound and inbound travel between UK and Schengen zone. How to use interrail pass for showing that proof or if I have to buy it after getting the visa then what proof I should show to get my visa at first place.

1. You qualify for Interrail, as far as I can see.
  2. There's no other requirement than living in Europe and being able to document that, e.g. with your residency permit.
  3. You can use Interrail in your country of residence on 2 travel days. Going from Newcastle to Paris on the same day is perfectly possible. You can use as many trains as you like on a travel day.
  4. I don't think Interrail is relevant for getting a Schengen visa.

Thank you for your reply. very helpful.