Skip to main content
Solved

Nightjet to Venice tomorrow

• 3 June 2024
  • 6 replies

Not strictly an Interrail question, but since the DB community does not exist anymore, I’ll try it here. Some time ago, I booked the following connection for tomorrow evening (June 4th) on international-bahn.de:

Frankfurt Hbf 19:49 (ICE 693)
Augsburg Hbf 22:40

Augsburg Hbf 23:02 (NJ 237)
Venezia Santa Lucia  08:34

Now it turns out that ICE 693 from Frankfurt to Augsburg is canceled already. I could probably take a different train to Stuttgart instead and board the Nightjet there. However, for today (June 3rd), it is indicated that the Nightjet will only start in Salzburg. For tomorrow, there is no information yet, but of course, I wonder if it could still be the case then.

So I have 2 questions:

- Is there any reliable information on the status of NJ 237 tomorrow?
- If it turns out that the NJ is canceled (at least in Germany - I probably can't get to Salzburg), do I have the right to take another connection to Venice with my ticket the following day (June 5th)? For instance, the following one (if it runs):

07:53 Frankfurt Hbf (ICE 525)
11:07 München Hbf

11:33 München Hbf (EC 85)
18:25 Venezia Santa Lucia

6 replies

Userlevel 2

As you might have heard, there is severe flooding in the Munich region, trains are therefore heavily affected. For now tomorrow’s NJ is still shown as running on OBB’s website, but who knows if it’ll actually run. An alternative route might be through switzerland.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The 236 from Venice ended in Salzburg in the early hours of this morning:

https://bahn.expert/details/NJ%20236/2024-06-02T19:05:00.000Z?administration=81

That means the 237 will start there as well:

https://bahn.expert/details/NJ%20237/2024-06-03T15:34:35.009Z/?station=8000096

So check tomorrow what happens with the 236.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you! Do you know whether it’s possible to take a different route with a continuous ticket purchased through international-bahn.de (not an Interrail pass) in case the NJ won’t run?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you! Do you know whether it’s possible to take a different route with a continuous ticket purchased through international-bahn.de (not an Interrail pass) in case the NJ won’t run?

Should be possible. They have to offer an alternative free of charge anyway, but it surely helps if you find a workable alternative for yourself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It is unlikely that things go to plan tomorrow I’m afraid.

Günzburg - Ulm is closed until at least 1pm. Aalen - Stuttgart is now open again. No words on Donauwörth - Augsburg. The NJ is already cancelled tonight between Salzburg and Stuttgart:

This very likely means it won’t run tomorrow night from Stuttgart.

The Zugbindung is cancelled so you can take any train you wish, at least for the bit until Augsburg. I would avoid Bavaria entirely but how would it work with Swiss inspectors…?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks, that’s good to know! I booked the entire connection continuously through international-bahn.de, received separate ICE and NJ tickets though. I’m also wondering how it might work with Swiss and Italian trains if I take a different route (I.e., whether they will accept my ticket).