Solved

OBB reservation mistake. Purchased 1st class but I have 2nd class Pass

• 14 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Good day, I realized there was a mistake in my OBB reservation from Rome to Milan, I had paid for 1st class reservations even though my interrail is only 2nd class. What should I do?

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 14 August 2023, 12:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Try to contact ÖBB customer support on Twitter or Facebook. Maybe they can help you.

usually reservations are non refundable mostly but maybe you are lucky. Check the conditions - what’s written on your reservation? (Exchangeable or not)

ÖBB reservations are non refundable, but they are really cheap and the options you have are:

- Get a new 2nd Class reservation for 3€ at www.oebb.at

​​​​​- Just hop on the train and see if you get a free seat in 2nd class. And if you don't, pay for a 1st class upgrade in the train.

It depends how long you plan to stay in Austria. But Austria is one of the few countries where it does make sense to travel with Interrail 1st class. Because you easily get a seat in any train without reservation and you get free lounge access for your travel days too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

ÖBB reservations are non refundable, but they are really cheap and the options you have are:

- Get a new 2nd Class reservation for 3€ at www.oebb.at

​​​​​- Just hop on the train and see if you get a free seat in 2nd class. And if you don't, pay for a 1st class upgrade in the train.

It depends how long you plan to stay in Austria. But Austria is one of the few countries where it does make sense to travel with Interrail 1st class. Because you easily get a seat in any train without reservation and you get free lounge access for your travel days too.

This does not work since OP is taking a train from Rome to Milan. Italian trains can be bought on ÖBB with no booking fees. :)

OP : do not board a train with mandatory reservations without one that's for sure. As you have one but for the wrong class, at the latest speak to staff on the platform before boarding and see if they make you pay the upgrade.