Solved

Problem with train Stresa to Milan

• 9 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I am using the Eurail app and looking at trains from Stresa, Italy to Milan. All of the trips I am seeing in the app are about 2 hours (1:42, 2:31, 2:41, 2:38, 2:41) and many of them involve buses. In fact, the shortest trip is all on bus. I tried several different days and they are all long trips. I have personally taken the train several times as recently as 1 year ago, and know its under 1 hour, maybe even 0:50. Its the same train ride from Domodossola through Stresa down to Milan. 

Is the app having problems, or are the train tracks out of commission? Last year, a track was under construction in France for a few weeks. I don’t know how to find that in Italy. 

icon

Best answer by Angelo 9 September 2022, 07:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Due to works on traks, currently the line has only rail replacement busses. Check trenitalia.com for an complete timetable. Keep in mind, that EC Busses requiere a reservation. You can use the local train replacement instead.

Badge +2

Thanks. I went to their site, and I can see the same bookings as on the Eurail app. Where can I find the dates with complete time table for the construction work. Will it be done by early October?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If you search for the day you will travel, you know if there are works or not. If the works on the line are finished, you have a train.

Swiss Railways say:

Dauer von 29.08.2022 00:01 bis 19.09.2022 04:30.