Railplanner Apps (to use with Interrail/Eurail)

• 25 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi :) 

For everyone comes the time to plan a Railjourney Eurail offer their own App the “Railplanner” but i have to admit that i use the App just for recording the Journey´s of my “Mobile Pass” (DigitalPass). As the App of Eurail gets no live updates like the local websites / apps.

I and several other Community members suggest different Apps :) Often bahn.com (Website of German Rail) with their app “DB Navigator” or oebb.at (Website of Austrian Railway) with their App called “Scotty”.

My advice is to use always when possible the Website of Railcompany / Country or their App where you are / that you gonna catch :) the Websites & Apps above are good for International Railplaning as these cover quite a lot European Routes.  Some of them show even the Railcompany that operates the train so that you can check if these are covered y the pass or not.

There are other Apps like 
Muj Vlak of Ceske Drahy (this App works even offline when you download within the app the different timetable backages) 
SBB Mobile 
MAV
SNCB International 

As im German i use mosttimes the DB Navigator + Muj Vlak (as this works offline) 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are other Apps like 
Muj Vlak of Ceske Drahy (this App works even offline when you download within the app the different timetable backages) 
SBB Mobile 
MAV
SNCB International

Belgian railways will only show journeys for which they can sell a ticket so be careful.

As im German i use mosttimes the DB Navigator + Muj Vlak (as this works offline)

Same for me. But in Italy, I use the Trenit! app (much faster than the Trenitalia app) and in Austria the ÖBB Scotty app. In Norway the Entur app.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

For Spain, realtime information is best found in the Adif app, for trains leaving within the next 24 hours. It’s not great and the information isn’t always very accurate (some trains for mysterious reasons don’t appear, Cercanías timetables don’t show delays but just realtime update the timetables and and information on platform numbers is sometimes incredibly wrong), but it’s the best we’ve got.