Solved

Reservation night train

• 27 July 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

Hello , I’m non European citizen so I m getting eurail Global pass to have trips Zurich to Zermatt and back to Zurich . Then Zurich to Vienna. That will be night  SBB train leaving at 21:40 . Do I need to book couchette or not ? If yes then how ? 
thank you 

Natalie 

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 27 July 2023, 18:40

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes you need to book accommodation : seat, couchette or sleeper. Go to nightjet.com and add Eurail as a discount.

Night trains are very popular so do not wait to book. For questions mention your travel date.

Badge +1

Thank you ! 
Also discount offer is for interrrail/ eurail - global pass . I guess since it’s mentioning Eurail Globalpass it is for me ? 

Thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes that's the one. With a Interrail/Eurail pass you only pay the accommodation so a seat, couchette or sleeper.

Badge +1

Great , because my pass is my ticket to trains . I definitely need to book that . Excellent! 
Should I also book my regular trains like Salzburg to Zurich, or Zermatt to Zurich?  It’s my first time using Pass . I always used HalfFare card for Switzerland. But since I will have it should I book seats for other trains ?
thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Seat reservations are really not a thing in Switzerland, often not possible anyway. You simply add the train to the app like usual (in order to get a QR code = your ticket) and hop on hop off as you wish.

Salzburg - Zurich has optional reservations, recommended in summer and on busy days : 3€ on tickets.oebb.at

Badge +1

Thank you !!!💐

Badge +1

Hello , can I use Eurail   global Pass for Westbahn train from Vienna to Salzburg? If yes , do I need reservations for seat ? Thank you 

Natalie 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello , can I use Eurail   global Pass for Westbahn train from Vienna to Salzburg? If yes , do I need reservations for seat ? Thank you 

Natalie 

Yes, you can use your pass on Westbahn but only in 2nd class even if you have a 1st class pass.

You don’t need reservations but can get them at https://www.westbahn.at/

OBB also serve that route, again reservations not necessary but possible at www.oebb.at a better option for 1st class passholders.

Badge +1

Thank you for answer.. ! OВВ  I think has faster train on this route if I’m not mistaken. And I have 1 st class which is great .