Solved

Seat reservations in the Czech Republic and Portugal/Spain?

• 6 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I have a few questions about seat reservations in the Czech Republic, Portugal and Spain.

Can I buy seat reservation on the ceske drahy website, there are no options for Interrail ticket? Other times I buy seat reservation, there was most time an option for Interrail tickets. Is this possible to buy a “only reservation ticket” or is this false.

I know I have to buy seat reservations in Portugal and Spain at the station. I want to arrive 1–2 days in Spain before my ride, is this enough time to buy my seat reservations in Spain? Furthermore, I need to take in the most times the exactly same train to arrive.
Aside from that, can I buy seat reservation for Portugal in Spain and for Spain in Portugal? Because I arrive in Portugal with the train there where I need the seat reservation.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 6 April 2023, 22:28

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The CD website has 2 ways to buy a reservation: "Reservation only” (usually for optional reservations) and Interrail as a discount, which is normally used for mandatory reservation, such as for night trains.

Reservations for Portugal are only available in Portugal at the ticket office.

Reservations for Spanish domestic trains are also available in a few places outside of Spain, specifically also via Deutsche Bahn (but not online), check here: