Stuck in Portbou because of french railway strikes

• 30 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi yall

Me and my sister are traveling from Barcelona to Nimes and trough that to Genoa eventually.

Because of the french railway strikes all lines have been cancelled on the 30th and probably the 31st of july and we are stuck on the border in Portbou without any clear idea of how to get to france.

We have seen other possible interrailers in the same situation so we wanted to know if there is anyone else inour shoes.

Our destination is Genoa, but if we could get to Perpignan we could take a bus from there or something. To perpignan maybe we could share a taxi or find a way, we only wanted to have others along in case we figure it out togerther.

So contact me if you have the same problem and let's meet up, we are chilling in Portbou.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

It seems it is a lightning strike in that area and due to finish tonight. Find a bed for night and resume tomorrow, maybe by heading back into Spain.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah-all those joys of railways, mostly the burocratic state-run ones, that all those eco-promoters never ever tell you. Like the accident on the Thalys that made 100s of people having to sleep overnite in Paris Nord station.