Solved

Train from budapest to brasov

• 2 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi

This summer (July 25) I would like to travel from budapest to Brasov. I would like to take the train from 09:10 to 22:46
However, when I want to reserve a seat via the interrail reservation site, it says that reservation is not possible. Through the interrail site, I don't see this train listed. But if I look a week earlier or a week later it is listed.

If I look on the Hungarian booking site I see the train direct is listed. Is the direct train going or are there works in progress?

Is it possible to buy the same train in advance in another way, since booking via the interrail site does not work (it says Prices unavailable) and via the Hungarian train company it is not possible to buy an interrail seat reservation.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 3 June 2023, 20:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If MÁV say the train will run, then it will run. What the Interrail site says is irrelevant. It looks like the timetable data at the European Timetable Centre is incomplete, since DB and ÖBB don't show this train either on this date. That will probably be corrected with one of the next updates.

To book this train, ask at any ticket office that can do international reservations. It's also unlikely to be fully booked more than a few days in advance (if ever).

@rvdborgt 

On the Romanian site (cfrcalatori) I don't see him going either (he stops at arad)

However, nowhere do I see why and since he goes on the site of MAV, I assume he goes

I also cannot see the domestic schedule of cfrcalatori yet, since I can only see it 1 month in advance on the site. So I can't see if the train drives after arad

Maybe indeed the European timetable centre is incomplete. 

For those interested, the train between Arad and Brasov will not run between June 26 and July 2, does anyone know if it is normal in Romania for buses to run, or should I take the alternative trains?

https://www-cfrcalatori-ro.translate.goog/comunicate/modificari-temporare-in-circulatia-trenurilor-58/?_x_tr_sl=ro&_x_tr_tl=nl&_x_tr_hl=nl&_x_tr_pto=wapp