Solved

Traveling through Greece

Hello,

This summer I will be traveling through Greece. However, the train schedules are only a week up front in the interrail app and website. How can I book my trains and use my pass on them even after the start date of my trip when I cannot edit the route in the app anymore?

I tried booking with Hellenic train directly, however there is no option for interrail as far as I could see.

Would someone be able to give me some tips and tricks? 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 8 May 2023, 18:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can always edit the route in My Trip. You don't even need to enter it in advance. Before boarding is good enough.

Reservations are mandatory for some trains and buses but you can only get them at a ticket office in Greece.

You can always edit the route in My Trip. You don't even need to enter it in advance. Before boarding is good enough.

Reservations are mandatory for some trains and buses but you can only get them at a ticket office in Greece.

Thanks for your reply!

I read that I would not be able to edit it after the start date of my travels. 

My current plan is to get train tickets directly after my arrival in Greece, but still I find it a bit scary on how to proceed from here, as I do not know if I can use my travel days here, if the trains run at all and if I can reach my accommodation in time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For Greek timetables, check here:

https://tickets.hellenictrain.gr/dromologia/?lang=en