Solved

UK rail strikes - on 18 and 19 August

• 6 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Dear interrailers

New announced rail strikes in the UK: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/aug/04/rail-strikes-august-tssa-unite-network-rail

I have a Eurostar reservation, returning from the UK with the train from 11:04 on the 18th of August to Brussels. Unfortunately, the train is not visible any more on the Eurostar website that day. I fear it’s cancelled, since on all other days there’s still a train at that time. On the other hand, the eurostar website keeps stating that they expect that “most trains will be running”.

I didn’t receive an official word from Eurostar yet. The customer service seems flooded and really slow to respond. Did some of you possible managed to get more information from Eurostar in regard to possible cancellations on these strike days?

Thanks for your collective wisdom :)

icon

Best answer by flycatcher 6 August 2022, 13:47

View original

3 replies

Badge

In the uk the eurostar london to brussels11:04 on the 18/08/22 is listed on the eurostar website.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

As I understand it:

if you have a reservation for a train that is cancelled it is the responsibility of the operator to put you on the next available train.

Since we have had such a topsy turvy period and I am sure there are many who have been through this situation who can clarify Eurostar’s approach.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

In the uk the eurostar london to brussels11:04 on the 18/08/22 is listed on the eurostar website.

Ah yes, indeed. Weird. Let’s hope for the best then! Might be some strategy to keep enough seats in case it goes wrong.

I already had to amend travel plans, since my foreseen Caledonian Sleeper is cancelled, a train which I really looked forward to take though. I don’t really fancy Eurostar chaos on top of that.