[UK] Strike of National Rail on 21, 23 and 25 June

• 7 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Due to a strike of National Rail in United Kingdom, trains can be cancelled or delayed at 21, 23 and 25 June. 

If also Eurostar is affected is not known at the moment. 

Railway workers to strike over three days in June - BBC News

4 replies

Angelo thanks this is my question too. How can we monitor this issue with Eurostar?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I'd expect Eurostar to post any disruptions to their service on their website, e.g. here:

https://www.eurostar.com/be-en/travel-info/service-information/eurostar-travel-updates

Hi,

Thanks to my unbelievable luck, I’m due to visit the UK between the 20th and 25th of June, and was planning to use my Interrail pass. Now I’m worried that it will go to waste, because of the strike and because there’s probably some sort of chaos even on the days between the strike days.

I’m staying in London and in York, and of course the London Underground is also on strike on the 21st, which is when I’ll be in London. Any tips?

The only journey I have to make is between London and York on the 22nd of June, otherwise I’m flexible, but I wouldn’t want to completely erase all train journeys as I’d want at least some use for my Interrail pass.

Also, I looked at the strike day timetables on Trainline, most of the trains are marked as “sold out”, I assume these are the trains that are cancelled. However, on the Rail Planner app I can still see all of the “sold out” -trains, so I’m not sure which source is reliable to check for the trains that are running.

Any help appreciated!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi,

Thanks to my unbelievable luck, I’m due to visit the UK between the 20th and 25th of June, and was planning to use my Interrail pass. Now I’m worried that it will go to waste, because of the strike and because there’s probably some sort of chaos even on the days between the strike days.

I’m staying in London and in York, and of course the London 

Also, I looked at the strike day timetables on Trainline, most of the trains are marked as “sold out”, I assume these are the trains that are cancelled. However, on the Rail Planner app I can still see all of the “sold out” -trains, so I’m not sure which source is reliable to check for the trains that are running.

Any help appreciated!

The Rail Planner is only updated once a month so that is not a reliable source of information. 

The advice is to always look at the timetable for the national railway for the country you will travel in. Some bigger national railways, like DB, ÖBB, cover several countries.