Solved

Unforeseen train delays.

• 7 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi, everyone

Unforeseen train delays: What are my rights as a Eurail pass holder?"
I've been experiencing frequent train delays during my Eurail journey, which has caused disruptions to my travel plans. I'm seeking advice on my rights as a Eurail pass holder and how to navigate these situations effectively.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 12 June 2023, 08:55

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi Kathleen - Here is a link to our Delay Compensation policy. If you have any more specific questions about it then please reach out to customer support. I hope you are still enjoying your trip despite the delays! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here's a good summary of your rights:

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/rail/index_en.htm

You should normally not have any extra costs since the railway companies are obliged to assist with replacement reservations, accommodation (if you're stranded) and replacement tickets (if needed) to reach your destination the next day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

and how to navigate these situations effectively.

Depends a bit on the situation and route where you experience delays. Delays can be caused by many different things. Sometimes you can dodge serious problems by taking a slightly different route, sometimes you just have to endure and count on your passenger rights as explained above.

In General, most rail-savvy people count in sufficient buffer between the most important trains, or have some back-up connections at hand should things go wrong. Although the back-up is easier in more flexible countries like Germany, than the rigid reservation system in France and Spain e.g.

Hi, everyone

Thanks for helping me. All the provided information is really helpful to me thanks for your check. Sorry for the late reply.