Solved

Will I have to provide Passenger locator form for each country?

• 6 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Going from England to Belgium, will show Passenger locator form and vac certificate, going to 6 more countries, will I have to provide Passenger locator form for each country or am I free to travel after leaving Belgium .   Will have a First class pass, on Eurostar they do not have First class, only Standard, Standard Premier, and Business Premier, which class will I have for seat reservation ?                               Can I pay for pass in UK pounds or does it have to be in Euros ?       Is there a QR  code on a paper pass to use on stations which have automatic ticket barriers , especially in the UK .  Thank you .

icon

Best answer by seewulf 6 March 2022, 13:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Only few Countries ask for such Passenger Locator forms (e.g.Belgium,Italy,Malta and Slovenia as far as i know) 

Standard premier is the travelclass for 1st class Railpassholder :) 

On interrail.eu they charge in Euro however there are some retailers and travelagencies in the UK that offer to Pay in British Pounds (Myinterrail.uk Was one of it if i remember correctly) 

On Paperpasses is a QR Code but it works mostly just in Netherlands in other countries like UK,France,Italy you Show the staff at the Gates your pass and they let you through :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Passing gates:

NL-with this code, but ONLY a very few times and limited to 2-3 days or so. If overlimit: use directfone for assistence.

UK: there is always staff at hand-as so many exBR tix are also non-gateable, and if no staff: gates are open. In my exp-all before covid-you are waived through just showing paper pass cover.

For the nitty gritty nickpickers; probs can be found on lines of London Overground, as such valid for pass-use, but often no staff or not knowing. Also expect thorough checks once on board staff see youre UK; Ive seen reports that you have to show tix out, €*, ferry/flight to convince them you are not cheating on super-expensive morning am-peak trains to LONdon.

FR: only gates for TGV-open these with required REServ. ticket! I assume in IT also, but have not been there long time. Paris area: this is very, very complicated, it can be done on some lines that were once SNCF and now RER.

ES/RENFE: samesame for AVE, plus manual luggage check, for locals=Cercanias: go to counter, they will open 1 gate for you-if noone there; Bad luck! Same-same for Lisboa area local trains.

Another UK trav-agency, run by railfans so very well used to all types of interesting or outoftheway queries and can apparently even also make REServ (at extra cost); Ffestiniog travel- or so.

Also see seat61, specific aimed at the many trainloving Brits!

Rules re PLF/covid are also different for you, now that you brexited as for us, EU. They change by the day, f.e. tomorrow in BE nearly all are scrapped and in FR also soon. As these are set by the country, there is NO universal EU-ruling! There may also be a very wide gap between rules and enforcement.

What you can expect however and for quite some time to come; wear masks-and sometimes even specific types, whilst on any form of transportation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For COVID requirements, check reopen.europa.eu. But also check shortly before travelling because requirements change often and with little notice.

Thank you for all your replies, most helpful .