Skip to main content

Hi! I'm looking to go on an interrail trip with friends this September, and we'd like to visit Sarajevo.

However, it seems like getting there is very hard. Our current plan is taking a (Flix)bus from Zagreb to Sarajevo, and staying there for 2 days. Afterwards we would take the train from Sarajevo to Čapljina, cross the border into Metković and probably have to take a (Flix)bus again to Split.

We were wondering if the 2 days in Sarajevo are worth the effort to get there, and the prices of the busses.

If somebody has some tricks how to get there easily, or advice this would greatly help us!

This is the part of Europe where there are still travel adventures to be found, so using Flixbus is a bit of a contradiction. Coming from Croatia, Brcko is easy to get to by train and a short walk, and then it is just an hour by bus to Tuzla. Does that help your plan?

If I had the time I would have done it!

This is the part of Europe where there are still travel adventures to be found, so using Flixbus is a bit of a contradiction. Coming from Croatia, Brcko is easy to get to by train and a short walk, and then it is just an hour by bus to Tuzla. Does that help your plan?

If I had the time I would have done it!

Hi! Thanks for the tip, I can't seem to find Tuzla on the Bosnian railroad sites, but i'll look in into it!