Solved

which app to use

• 17 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hi, I am looking at a journey from Salzburg to Bad Goisern in July. It gives me different times on DB app and OBB app. Maybe it’s a little too far in advance, but which would be the best app to confirm times closer to tne time? 
Many thanks 

icon

Best answer by Hektor 17 March 2024, 18:47

View original

7 replies

Always the app of the country you are travelling in. Here: ÖBB.

But there shouldn't be different times. Maybe ÖBB does show trips that do include a bus. That's not shown on DB app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

To check timetables in Austria, either fahrplan.oebb.at or the ÖBB Scotty app.

Badge

Thank you. I will use the OBB app. The journey on OBB is dep12.12- arr 13.41 (1 hour 29) whereas DB is 12.11- arr 14.24 ( 2 hour 13).

So OBB seems more realistic ( maybe bus journey as someone said is included on DB app) 

Many thanks ☺️ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Could you post a screenshot ? 1h29 seems impossible by train. Maybe there’s a bus section showing on OBB but it wouldn’t be included in Interrail.

In any case you’re too early for July timetables and I would wait check again closer to travel.

Badge

Here it is, thank you for taking a look! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Do you wish to go to Bad Goisern or Bad Gastein? I think that will answer your question. ;)

Badge

Bad Goisern! Thank you, I  see my big mistake now, similar names, I’ve got myself muddled with all of this interail planning 😀